Our healthy lifestyle
We promote a positive attitude towards a healthy lifestyle by guiding your child to make healthy choices.
We believe that this foundation will support a lifetime of well-being. We’re proud to be one of only a handful of childcare providers in the North East to have been awarded the Healthy Foundation Award.
Meals and snacks
We provide a nutritional menu, conforming to (and exceeding) government guidelines on healthy eating for young children and follow the recommendations of the Healthy Foundation Award.
- Fees include breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack and afternoon tea.
- Parents are requested to provide breast/ formula milk for younger infants.
- Fresh fruit and vegetables are offered daily.
- Special dietary requirements will be catered for wherever possible.
- It is the parents and carers responsibility to advise the Nursery Team of any food allergies or intolerances that their child may suffer from.
Freshly-prepared, nutritious food
Our creative, in-house catering team, led by our experienced chef, provides balanced and nutritious meals. Meal and snack menus include plenty of fresh fruit, vegetables, fish and meat. Many of our meals include dairy or dairy substitute ingredients such as soya, to support the high calcium needs of young children.
Fun fitness activities
We promote exercise as a fun part of our weekly routine. Whether it is indoors, outdoors or off-site, your child is sure to look forward to our regular daily exercise activities. He or she will also enjoy singing and dancing every day in our nursery, it is so much FUN!
4 Star Environmental Health Rating.
The Valley Nursery and Kids Club in Gateshead are proud to have been awarded nearly the highest possible Environmental Health rating of 4 Stars. We are assessed on a variety of factors, including:
- our compliance with food hygiene legislation
- the structural requirements of our premises
- the management of our business.
“During mealtimes, staff talk with children about the healthy food they are eating, helping them to appreciate the importance of a balanced diet.”
Get in touch
The Valley Nursery and Kids Club
Team Valley Trading Estate
Tyne & Wear
Phone: 0191 491 5050 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nursery Manager / SENCO: Clair Jones
Deputy Manager: Dionne Anthony