We believe that high-quality care and early learning is promoted by providing children with safe, clean, stimulating, age and stage appropriate resources, toys and equipment. To ensure this occurs within the environment, including in our outdoor areas, we will:
- Provide play equipment and resources which are safe and, where applicable, conform to the European Standards for Playground Equipment: EN 1176 and EN 1177, BS EN safety standards or Toys (Safety) Regulation (1995)
- Provide a sufficient quantity of equipment and resources for the number of children registered to meet children’s’ individual needs and interest, and to promote all areas of children’s learning and development
- Select books, equipment and resources which promote positive images of people of all races, cultures, ages, gender and abilities, are non-discriminatory and do not stereotype.
- Provide play equipment and resources which promote continuity and progression, provide sufficient challenges and meet the needs and interests of all children
- Store and display resources and equipment where all children can independently choose and select them
- Check all resources and equipment before first use to identify any potential risks and again regularly at the beginning of every session and when they are put away at the end of every session. We repair and clean or replace any unsafe, worn out, dirty or damaged equipment whenever required
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the resources including the children’s opinions and interests
- Encourage children to respect the equipment and resources and tidy these away when play has finished. This is into a designated place via the use of silhouettes or pictures the children can match the resource to.
“Children have a wealth of opportunities to support their all-round development. They make consistently good progress in all areas of learning.”
Get in touch
The Valley Nursery and Kids Club
Team Valley Trading Estate
Tyne & Wear
Phone: 0191 491 5050